Friday, August 11, 2006

Toronto Celiac

I just got an email back about Hero Burgers. There are a few locations opening up here and there. There burgers and hotdogs are gluten free!!! The hot dogs are big franks and I used to get them from Alda which unfortunately closed. Anyways, I haven't tried eating there yet because I am paranoid of the cross contamination that could happen. However they use dedicated tongs for each meat and buns are toasted not put on the same grill. But even with dedicated tongs I'm assuming that they touch the burger buns when they make the burgers....I guess you could explain you need new tongs for your burger..... I don't want to harass them with a million questions but if you want more information you can contact a_ascrizzi@rogers.blackberry.net which is from the Hero Burger website.

8 comments:

emma's mom said...

Brian, what happened with the cider?

TeeJay said...

They also just opened one in Oshawa on Hwy 2!

Anonymous said...

With all the contributors this site has listed, it seems like it is not being kept up to date regularly. I like some of the more frequently updated gluten-free sites like:

Gluten Free GirlGluten Free BlogGluten Free Bay

All of those are posting wonderful entries regularly.

Anonymous said...

With all the contributors this site has listed, it seems like it is not being kept up to date regularly. I like some of the more frequently updated gluten-free sites like:

Gluten Free Girl
Gluten Free Blog
Gluten Free Bay

All of those are posting wonderful entries regularly.

Anonymous said...

Hi, it is really nice resource. I think, i'll see this site again.
- torontoceliac.blogspot.com x
spaghetti alla carbonara

Anonymous said...

For what I have seen, this site is not bad at all
- www.blogger.com x
spaghetti alla carbonara

Anonymous said...

They have a gluten free option. The problem is, when you order "gluten free" they ask if you have an allergy. I say "no" I'm Celiac and I want gluten free. They then refuse to make the burger gluten free! They say it takes a lot of work, they have to set up a separate station etc. I try to explain that Celiac is an autoimmune disease, that it's very important that they take the same precautions as they would if it was an allergy. They always go through this routine. I just started saying "yes" it's an allergy. VERY poor customer service. I can't believe that a place that advertises Gluten Free makes you explain your health history before actually making your burger gluten free!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

They have a gluten free option. The problem is, when you order "gluten free" they ask if you have an allergy. I say "no" I'm Celiac and I want gluten free. They then refuse to make the burger gluten free! They say it takes a lot of work, they have to set up a separate station etc. I try to explain that Celiac is an autoimmune disease, that it's very important that they take the same precautions as they would if it was an allergy. They always go through this routine. I just started saying "yes" it's an allergy. VERY poor customer service. I can't believe that a place that advertises Gluten Free makes you explain your health history before actually making your burger gluten free!!!!!!