Friday, November 16, 2007

Hi - I am new to this blog, and I think I just posted somewhere that is kind of buried. :) I asked about GF oatmeal in a post under products. Anyone tried Only Oats made in Canada, or any other brands? I've been missing it since my husband was diagnosed last summer and was wondering what kind of luck anyone else had with it (or a different brand). We ahve a totally GF house, so conventional oatmeal has been a no-no.

Thanks, and I look forward to learning about some new stuff here.

Erika
Kearney, Nebraska, USA

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try Creamhill Estates. They have a website that lists locations where their oats are available.

joanne said...

I've also tried Only Oats. Here's their website. http://www.onlyoats.ca/index

Joanne

Anonymous said...

I use Creamhill Estates products. There website is at www.creamhillestates.com. The oat flour is good to bake with, but I suggest just buying the rolled oats and making flour of it yourself in a food processor when you need some.

I don't know many people who live in a totally gluten-free house, so that must be a challenge for you as a non-celiac. Enjoy having the oats back in the diet.

Denise said...

Hi Erika

I have been gluten free for one year now. I ordered some GF Rolled Oats from Bob's Red Mill. I was nervous about being in that small percentage of celiacs that react to oats but I am please to say I had no reaction at all to these Gluten Free Oats. I can only speak about Bob's Red Mill. Hope that helps.

KimS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KimS said...

Oats: Love 'Em; Hate 'Em