Tuesday, April 22, 2008

COOKIES!

I had the greatest experience this weekend. Checked out The Sweet Potato, which is newly opened in the junction. They have a lot of really great food, but most importantly, they have a rack of FRESH BAKED GF COOKIES that actually taste GREAT. I tried the chocolate chip, chocolate cookies, and pecan bars. The chocolate/nut ones are my favourite. The address is: 2995 Dundas Street WestToronto, ON M6P 1Z4 (416) 762-4848‎.
UPDATE: I went back and they've removed the gluten free bakery shelf. There are still lots of good GF products (including food for life rice wraps for $3.29), but no cookies :-(

Also, if anyone hasn't already tried the Gluten Free Pantry Chocolate Truffle brownie mix, it's a must. My non-GF friends actually liked these brownies BETTER than ghiradelli's or other "regular" brownies. The texture is amazing. Anyways, you can get the brownie mix for $3.99 at Fiesta Farms. Happy snacking!

No comments: