Monday, July 28, 2008

Judy's Magic Mixes

I just tried out the first of the packages of Judy's Magic Mixes I have acquired. I used the Morning Magic Pancakes & Waffles mix, opting for the pancakes. These were easy to make and tasted great. Granted, it has been so long since I have had wheat pancakes, I find it more and more difficult to ascertain how close the taste is to 'real' pancakes.

To the pancake mix, you add 2 eggs, 1 & 1/3 cups of water and 1/3 cup of vegetable oil. I added some applesauce, but that is not called for in the recipe. I have a few other mixes, and if they are as good as this one, I will certainly make sure to pick some more up.

The mixes are available at The Mercantile, which has moved to 297 Roncesvalles Avenue (formerly, 626 College Street).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

pancakes are the easiest thing to do GF. You can substitute your old recipe with white or brown flour or a combination of both. You don't need xanthan gum or anything. They are very tasty.