Friday, January 09, 2009

Nature's Path Organic Whole O's

Recently, I was able to sample a new cereal from Nature's Path. Whole O's are made from organic ingredients: brown rice flour, corn flour, evaporated cane juice, and pomegranate juice concentrate.

I suppose they might be a little like Cheerios, but since I have tasted a Cheerio since I was about 6 years old, I am only guessing. In fact, it's been so long since I have had a non-GF cereal, I forget what they taste like.

I think these are very good and I would probably buy them regularly if I am able to find them locally. I have a really hard time finding Nature's Path cereals from time-to-time. No Frills has not had any GF cereals from Nature's Path in months, which is a shame because the price was reasonable there, unlike the price at Noah's Natural Foods, which is almost double. Generally, Noah's is over-priced and I will never understand why anyone shops there. So, just to digress even further, I am generally able to find Nature's Path cereals at Strictly Bulk, for much cheaper than Noah's and a bit more than No Frills.

I like this cereal, and you might too.

4 comments:

Amity Susan Kate (am su ka) said...

Loblaws has a great selection of Natures Path cereal, including Mesa Sunrise, which is (organic) flakes of amaranth, corn and flax- a favorite in my house!! Every so often they go on sale, and I stock up.
Metro (formerly Dominion) also carries Natures Path.
Be careful with bulk- I went to buy something at Noahs, until I saw a food moth flying around. You do NOT want to bring them home!!

Anonymous said...

In addition to what has been previously listed you can also find GF cereals, at many major health food stores in the GTA as well as at most Sobeys stores, Wal-Mart Super Centers and Shoppers Drugs.

Anonymous said...

I buy the cello bags of Mesa Sunrise and GF Corn Flakes for 6.99 at Essence of Life (50 Kensington Ave. at St. Andrew St.) in Kensington Market, one block west of Spadina. They also sell Larabars at 2 for $3.00.

Amity Susan Kate (am su ka) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.